Re: Possibly OT: In need of jpeg decompression algorithm

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Tuukka Toivonen wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Miah Gregory wrote:

> > Sorry if this is off topic, but I'm working on the spca50x linux usb
> > camera driver <http://spca50x.sourceforge.net/>, and I'm needing some
> > very rudimentary jpeg decompression code; rudimentary, because it's
> > going into

> That's interesting: I've also written JPEG decompression code for a linux
> camera driver (well, not from scratch, it's based on other people's code).

> http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/quickcam/

> This might be quite close what you need.

Thanks! I assume mjpeg.c is the appropriate file?

Slightly more on topic now, I've seen various comments suggesting that
whilst the v4l site is down (on roadrunner), to look at the docs in the
kernel source tree.

I've looked at those docs, but as far as I can tell, they don't describe:
(a) the differences between 2.2 and 2.4 kernels, api wise;
(b) the entire api - the legacy spca50x code certainly does things which
    aren't documented there (I wasn't the founder of the project).

Can anyone enlighten me on these, or provide pointers to documentation?

Lastly, does anyone know whether the V4L2 api's have made it into the
kernel source tree yet, or if there is an estimated timescale?

Thanks in advance.

I'm subscribed to the list, btw, so you don't need to cc.

--
Miah Gregory