Re: saa7134 - the sound of silence - fudged sound.

We seem to be going around in circles.  Everything that's been discussed
on this list with regards to this problem was discussed previously,
several months ago, in pretty much exactly the same way. The radio 'fix'
you've found was discovered and noted some time ago, but it's good that
you can confirm it. I can confirm that it works also, however the audio
level is very low after doing this and I haven't found a way to increase
it without changing the master level.

Try this also: find a channel with no sound (or in my case I get quite
loud 'white' noise (static) rather than silence) and use the left or right
arrow keys to finetune the channel one way or the other. Keep going until
the video signal 'just' disappears (about 10 steps here in NZ), then
return with the other arrow key to the correct frequency. In almost all
cases I get sound back - what about other people?

There's another problem too which has been discussed a little but perhaps
not enough - leave motv running for a long time on an X server that's been
running for while (not sure exactly how long but > 1 day it seems) and
watch the motv picture disappear completely (black screen). Attempts to
capture a stream with vcr or mp1e after this fail with an error message
(can't tell you what it is because I can't easily reproduce the problem at
the moment). The only way I've been able to fix this is with a *cold*
reboot - warm reboot doesn't fix it. Long recordings with mp1e can
sometimes cause it too - causing them to abort at some point. When I have
time I may investigate this further and try and pin down a pattern - is
anyone else seeing this happen?

Dave.