Re: Multiplexing multiple video inputs

Emil Pedersen wrote:

> Miles Baker wrote:
> > OK, so which of us should we add to this private thread? I also am
> > working on a security camera (surprise surprise).
>
> If the thread is split from the main list, I would like to be cc'ed.
> Even though I'm not working directly with the issue I consider the topic
> very interesting, so please cc me in case the thread goes non-public.

I'd like to be in this list too.
I am writing a program to capture from 2 to 4 multiplexed cameras and I'm very
interested in issues concerning switching cameras without losing frames. Up
to now I have a good mmap'd base to work on but it hasn't got the
performances I'd like to have:
Now I get:
	7-8 fps at 576x768
	25fps at 384x288
 (or 33 fps modifying the driver to get an interrupt for each field but there
are sync problems).
This result is obtained switching between only 2 cameras.

I take them without bad sync'd frames and without syncronizing my two test
sources. My system is Pentium III 700Mhz, kernel 2.4.18 and I'm using v4l1.
Any hint for improvements? I'd like to avoid switching channel in the driver
if possible.

					Stefano