SAP on Avermedia Stereo

The below was posted to the list several months ago, and pretty much describes my situation to a "T" Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hello,
I have an Avermedia stereo tv tuner card. It's an ntsc model and uses the bttv driver. I'm running the latest 2.4.19-pre8 kernel with v4l2 patch and bttv driver version .8.41 i think or whatever is the latest driver. I have found the best tv viewing program that works for me is xawtv. When I start the program it enters PAL mode even though I have a config file, but thats not a problem because I can just change the settings. The audio however is only in SAP mode and I cant change it with the labguage setting. Some US cable channels sound fine because the SAP is the same as regular program audio, but some channels like the USA network channel broadcast a message instead of the program's audio. How can I change my settings to fix the audio into regular mode?

Mike