MANY PVR related questions

Hi all,

Lots of questions, I'm afraid, this time.

Joystick Port
Anyone have any idea why my joystick port doesn't work. I get somethink like 'no such device'. It might have something to do with it being on my motherboard being driven by the SIS735 chipset. (?) This is related to a PVR because I'm trying to set up 'intelligent' cooling for it (to make it silent!) and I have attached 4 thermistors to the joystick port and I want to read them.

100hz Progressive Scan TV
Anyone tried connecting their VGA output to a 100hz TV (SCART, RGB and composite sync) ? I have found a circuit which apparently works for projectors by passing RGB straight and making the composite sync out of HSync and VSync - oh, and you have to reprogramme your video card to produce TV-like signals. I reckon my TV might be able to handle 640x480 if I ask it nicely. Any comments ? For want of more information I'm tempted to put an oscilloscope on the outputs from my DVD player (which sends over RGB) to check the signal levels)

All this module stuff
Apparently I need more buffers. Unfortunately I've done most of my development work on a Unix platform and know very little about all this module stuff.
How do I set up my buffers, and more generally is there a HOWTO for the module system ?

SIS 735 audio support
I have the tar from SIS. Anyone got any experience ? Am I going to get anything other than 48k sampling ? Should I just buy a cheap soundcard ?

Many thanks for any answers !

Lee Sanders.

Compupower Systems - Harness the power !

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email@xxxxxxxxxxxxx by Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag