Re: resolution problem

hello again
    i have the xfree86 3.3.6 version. i have run the
xconfigurator again and what i see is trident video
card when probed it gives 1280*720 32-bit but the
monitor does not support hence it goes blank.if
version is cnaged it will run properly.everyhting is
ok with refresh rates.i have gne thru the manula
provided by the provider.no virtual screen is set.
how to update the version of xfree86 tell me