Image scaled with logitech quickcam express

Hi to all:
     I'm very newbie in the video4linux world. If my question is not
related to this list, excuse me.

     I've a custom kernel 2.4.18. All hardware seems to run well and using
the qe-cga module ( version 0.4c )  I've a USB Logitech Quickam Express
up&running. The problem is that the image is scaled. If I install the
module activating the interpolation, the result is better but not like in
the screenshots of the qe-cga homepage. The hardware camera is ok, cause
with the native driver under Windows the image is well. It's a driver
problem ( I think not 'cause same result ocurrs with previous versions of
the driver ) or is more V4L problem/missconfiguration? I don't wanna waste
your time, only need any advice or starting point.

My system is Red Hat 7.3 on a Dell Latitude  C600 ( ATI Rage Mobility 3 AGP
) . Have any doc or How-to to know if V4L is configurable in any way ( I
can see only something about V4L when recompile the kernel ).

Thanks a lot

Regards