multiple cards using btaudio

I have 2 cards in my box (which just got back online this week, so I
will send the appropriate entries for the AverMedia TV/FM 98 dbx later
tonight) and I want to be able to record from both of them at the same
time, with sound. This seems to rule out using the loopback cable, so
I tried to use the btaudio modules, but it seems to only expect to be
used on 1 card. I hacked it (crudely) so that bttv0 used dsp[13] for
digital/analog and bttv1 used dsp[24], by using the dsp3 (??) flag to
indicate where to start allocating analog devices. But bttv0 doesn't
have a stereo decoder, so the allocation of the digital device fails,
causing the analog device not to be even attempted for bttv0. bttv1
allocates both devices fine. It's purely becoz of the 'goto' in the
code, which I didn't touch.

So what I'm asking/saying, is

o Does anyone else record video/sound from multiple v4l devices (I'm
planning on throwing a USB camera into this mix too, so that will be
bttv2, but the sound will come from /dev/dsp via the microphone) and
if so, where are they getting their sound from ?

o Have I totally lost the plot and bolloxed everything up, missing the
obvious ?

Also, is there any TV viewing apps that can read from a btaudio device
and playback the audio on /dev/dsp ? I get the feeling that most just
rely on the loopback cable ?
--
Michael O'Keefe                      |          mokeefe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Live on and Ride a '96 Honda CBR1000F|          roxus@xxxxxxx      / |