Re: Re: (saa7134-0.1.9) + Tevion turns off *all* sound with es1371 on inmod

Today, Gerd Knorr <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  Another strange thing that happens as I insmod and rmmod the saa
>>  module is that there seem to appear many mixer devices:
>>
>>  crw-rw----    1 root     audio     14,   0 Jan  1  1970 mixer
>>  crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      14,   0 Jul 25 07:14 mixer0
>>  crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      14,  16 Jul 25 07:14 mixer1
>
>>  Jul 25 09:22:58 eris kernel: devfs_register(mixer1): could not
>>  append to parent, err: -17
>
> I guess this is related, althrough I've never seen that message
> before ...

Strange. I are you using devfs?

More info on the no-sound problem: I have just compiled a kernel with
oss support for my sound card (no alsa), and it seems to work a little
better. Now, I get no sound when the module is loaded (gets unmuted when
the module is rmmodded), and when I play music during the module load,
it doesn't get muted (from the sound card only - see below).

> Hmm, sound carrier detect seems not to work :-/

Possibly worth noting that I have not tested this with an actual TV
signal (I'm waiting for cable registration here), so I'd like to get
the radio tuner working.

This seems to be yet another no sound troubles thread now. (-:

I hear a "pop" noise when the module is loading, but save for that,
there is no sound. "radio" stays quiet, even after I select a
station. No noise, no nothing. aumixing mixer1 (even though there is an
error message) does not seem to do anything useful, either. Is it
supposed to let me adjust only the two Line knobs (and even then,
forward only, to 100%)?

Confused,
--
Andreas Fuchs, <asf@xxxxxxx>, asf@xxxxxxxxx, antifuchs