Re: Video For Linux 2 installation

dv8 wrote:
I am currently trying to get my capture card working in linux.
My card is a FLY VIDEO 3000 pci (lifeview)
My kernel is 2.4.19-pre8

Upgrade to the latest kernel - I had problems with at least pre-9.

The drivers do not come with the linux kernel, but OSS has devloped a set of drivers.

OSS?  Gerd Knorr.

These can be found on http://bytesex.org/saa7134/
The instructions on that site say to apply this patch to my kernel but that patch does not work. The patch asks me to locate the files it needs to patch.
The patch i am trying to apply is this one below.
http://bytesex.org/patches/v4l2-01-add-api-2.4.19-pre8.diff.gz

zcat v4l2-01-add*.gz | (cd /usr/src/linux; patch -p1 -)

(I think there are other patches too, no?)

Basically, I got Video 4 Linux installed on the system, But i need to get video for linux 2 installed. By applying this patch and recompiling, will it work? Becuase I can get it to patch and the driver (module) on the bytesex.org site wont compile

But you said you couldn't patch the kernel.
(You'll need to install the new kernel and it's modules,
and reboot using the new kernel, then compile the driver).

--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia