Re: Fix for AV-sync with FFMPEGrec

Isn't this standard conversion a hardware process?  For example, you have
long been able to buy analog standard converters from RadioShack, and you
have certainly been able to purchase digital standard convertser which frame
grab in one standard, and clock out in another - these are used by tv
stations and tape conversion houses.  However, many "book pc's" - these small
footprint PC's, usually a i810 chipset, have both VGA and composite/s-video
output as well.  In the bios setting for these, you have the option of
selecting the TV video mode to PAL/NTSC/SECAM.  Even if you are running Linux
and set X to 640x480, it looks great on the TV out.  Even the Sigma Designs
NS8400 mpeg-2/dvd decoder chip can do standard conversion in hardware (ie.,
the Sigma ns2000 pci dvd decoder with Linux driver).