xawtv, Pinnacle PCTv Pro, RedHat 7.2 no stereo

I'm runnig xawtv-3.54 on RedHat 7.2 with uname -r = 2.4.7-10.
I've been searching for a couple of hours now on how to get
xawtv to operate in stereo mode.  I've read the man pages,etc
and I've generated my .xawtv file.  The top of the file appears as:

[global]
freqtab = us-cable
audio = stereo
mov-audio = stereo

[defaults]
input = Television
norm = NTSC

With channel information sections below this that appear like:

[unknown (2)]
channel = 2

With this format repeated for each channel that scantv was
able to find.

I get a crystal clear picture and the sound is good however
it is only coming through one of my headphone speakers.  I
must assume this is mono mode.  I run KDE and I use the
KMix tool to change the sound settings.  I know my headphones
aren't broken because I have stereo sound with the KDE
system sounds.

Under the KMix tool "Line 1" is where the TV audio is coming
through.  I connected the sound from the TV card to the AUX port
on my Soundcard.  Under Windows, with this exact setup, I was
able to listen to TV in stereo.  I can only assume it's a driver
issue under linux.  I haven't been able to find any information on
my problem thus I'm asking for help in this forum.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance