Re: Re: Re: Re: Video4linux-list digest, Vol 1 #637 - 15 m

R.Oehler@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On 21-Dec-2001 Mike Frisch wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 12:13:28AM +0000, Manuel Fuentes wrote:
> >> How many subscribers has this list got ? Do you want every one of
> >> us to go throught the same procedure ? How many minutes/hours spent
> >> if we account all our time to do that ? If somebody removes him from
> >> this list
> >
> > Not to mention the wasted bandwidth distributing a vacation message per
> > message posted to this list...
> >
> What about of installing something in .procmailrc that catches
> vacation-replies, generates and sends an info-mail to the offending person
> that he/she has been deleted from the list and then automatically delete
> the subscriber?

I think I pointed out that in the Mailman admin
section for this list, there's a privacy option
that lets you filter mails by regular expression,
such as:

.*[aA]uto.*[rR]eply.*
.*[vV]acation.*
.*[oO]ut.*[oO]ffice.*

in which case you're only filtering for this list
(of course you can make it a standard template for
all Mailman lists).

You can of course do this in procmail as well.

--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia