Re: Zoltrix TV-Max NTSC and xawtv

	Hi everybody,

Hello.

	I just subscribed to this list, so I don't know if
	there are any threads on the same subject. So please
	don't kill me yet. :)

Personally havent seen any threads on Zoltrix cards
recently. Then again, there was a thread -I- was going
to start on the Zoltrix TV-Max shortly (dont panic
jst yet until you hear the problem :)

	I am trying to get my above-mentioned card to work
	with xawtv, and so far I can't seem to find proper
	documentation on whether the Zoltrix card equipped
	with an NTSC tuner works with the bttv driver. I
	looked at the chips on my board and they don't seem to
	be listed among the known-to-work chips.

	So here goes: did anybody get the darn' thing going?
	If so, would you share the insmod options u used?

on my mandrake machine, its relatively easy to get up
and running. add into your /etc/modules.conf the line

	options bttv card=46

also you should add into the /etc/modules the bttv module
name so that it is automatically loaded during startup.
The kernel i am running (if it makes any difference) is
2.4.13 with the patches from http://bytesex.org/patches/
(namely the videodev and v4l2 ones).

without these, you can only get the Zoltrix TV-Max card
into 320x240. However, using the v4l2 driver patches
you can manage to get fullscreen working (1024x768) not a
problem.

NOW

the problem -i- have is in trying to get btaudio working
from the Zoltrix TV-Max to my ES1371 soundcard (Live card)
yet it doesnt seem to work. Yes, have tried the 'sox trick'
and have tried lots of other things to get the internal
sound connection working, mainly because the Zoltrix card
does not have a sound output, otherwise i would loop it
back into the mic in on the back of my soundcard.

What is the long and short of this ?

well, can record fine from TV but there is no way that sound
also gets recorded. Picture quality (using NVrec) is jst
flawless. So. if any has managed to get btaudio working
then please make our christmas and let us all know
how :)

	Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps you.
Happy holidays