mjpegtools 1.5 CVS - lavplay lavrec ???

Hi,

I've installed cvs mjpegtools 1.5 and I can't find the lavplay and lavrec
binaries that are mentioned in the documents. Shouldn't they have been built
and installed??? I don't see them in /usr/local/bin:
alevtd             fd2ps      lavtrans           movtar_split   ndisasm
scantv        v4lctl        yuv2lav
bttvconvert        fdesign    matteblend.flt     movtar_unify   ntsc-cc
sdl-config    webcam        yuvdenoise
bttvgrab           jpeg2yuv   mjpegtools-config  movtar_yuv422  ppmtoy4m
showriff      xanim         yuvkineco
bttvmusicin        lav2wav    movtar-config      mp2enc         propwatch
streamer      xawtv         yuvmedianfilter
bttvsystem_encode  lav2yuv    movtar_index       mpeg2enc       radio
subtitles     xawtv-remote  yuvscaler
dump-mixers        lavaddwav  movtar_play        mplex          record
transist.flt  y4mcolorbars  yuvycsnoise
fbtv               lavpipe    movtar_setinfo     nasm           rootv
v4l-conf      ypipe

The build configuration is
MJPEG tools 1.5.4 build configuration :

    - X86 Optimizations:
      - MMX Optimizations enabled   : true
      - 3DNow support               : true
      - cmov support enabled        : true

* NOTE:                                                                    *
*   The resultant binaries will ***NOT*** run on a K6 or Pentium CPU       *
    - video4linux recording/playback: true
    - software MJPEG playback       : true
    - movtar playback/recording     : true
    - Quicktime playback/recording  : false
    - AVI MJPEG playback/recording  : true (always)
    - libDV (digital video) support : false
    - AVIFILE divx encoding support : false
    - Gtk+ support for glav         : true
    - Support for large (>2GB) files: true

I'm pretty new to v4l so any pointers in the right direction would be most
appreciated.

Thanks
John