Re: Re: fbtv lilo & boot

I've been using grub to boot Linux from DiskOnChip flash ram on this set top box:

 http://www.gctglobal.com/Products/Set_Top_Box/set_top_box_0.html

The integrated TV-out defaults to ON, so it's easy use a TV as a display. There's a PCI slot available but I'm not sure that it has the CPU speed for a PVR, or whether documentation is available for the video chipset.

Instructions for booting Linux from the DiskOnChip are here:

 http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2001-October/003475.html

It doesn't have any fans, and I haven't added a hard drive, so it's very quiet.
--
Karl Klug
UCLA Neuroscience