Re: Bttv not on comp with +1GB RAM?

Tom Rogie wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  On 3dec I posted a message on this list about my 'cannot allocate
>  memory' problem. I found the reason this weekend while testing some
>  other configurations on my pc. When I build a kernel without 'High
>  Memory Support' then everything works OK. But I have 1GB RAM in my
>  system so I want to set that property to 4GB so that I can use all of my
>  memory...
>
>  Is this a bug or a know 'issue'?

I've seen multiple reports on this one.  I don't know why this happens,
I can't reproduce it on my system (/me has 1GB too ...).  One person
mentioned that this happens only with the binary-only nvidia drivers
loaded, so if you are using them too try without and see if this works
better.

  Gerd

--
#define	ENOCLUE 125 /* userland programmer induced race condition */