Re: opendivx

On Friday, December 14, 2001, at 12:24  PM, zen Genius wrote:

Hi,

  I 've just started my work on it. It's my university project really.
All I need is to get video stream across network and display and the other end. The main focus is on RTP part as steraming.

I have adopted jrtplib for porject, which do the packetization for RTP as well as cover all the low level network operations such as UDP/IP. Nice framework.

However, I haven't have access to other MPEG4 codec except opendivx which is thought to be cpu intensive. Mind telling me where do you get the H263 codec ???

You can get it here:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~roalt/h263.html
Note that libr263 is just the decoder, rewritten by Roalt Aalmoes for speed; the original codec is telenor.tar.gz which is no longer maintained. There are other streaming codecs out on the net that use different algorithms. This is not your only choice.

Adrian.

Art.

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:58:42