Re: PVR hardware selection help

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 02:37:07PM -0500, Gregory Gee wrote:
>   I was hoping to find one of these.  I find connecting the SVideo out of
> my video card really poor when it comes to viewing fonts. Or is this only
> good for video?  Is this box usable when you start a web browser.  This
> would make a nice webtv replacement.

On a regular (non-high definition) television set, the highest, standard
screen resolution you can support is 640x480 (give or take a few
pixels), which approximately equals the analog resoluton of an NTSC
television set.  PAL and SECAM are different, but similar.  I suspect
you're probably running a higher screen resolution and the video card is
scaling the output to NTSC causing the poor picture quality.

If you look at the on-screen display (OSD) created by television sets,
VCRs, DVD players, etc., you'll see they use a large, blocky fonts.

Mike.