Re: Video Tools Distro anyone?

There is the DeMudi project to put together
a Music distribution for Debian,though I was disappointed
they weren't focused as much on getting ALSA in as
a basic setup.  But the video aspect seems much
harder to do, since there are a lot more dependencies
tied in with different X toolkits and such.

Perhaps since Alan Cox has good ties with RedHat
and v4l development, he could see if RedHat would
provide basic dependency support for these packages,
and this list provide details of what's working
and what we need, including testing Rawhide distributions
for problems before it's released.

(I happen to use RedHat, but I'm agnostic as to distribution).

--
Bill Eldridge
Radio Free Asia