Re: Video Tools Distro anyone?

> [...]
> I'd be willing to try ANY distro that has a fairly simple and in
> english cookbook on the proper ingredience and setup of a tv/video
> capture linux box.

> I came across this website the other day when I was looking for info on
> "Mandrake AND mjpeg"...  Big J's Linux Distro

> http://www.satlug.org/~bigjusa

> He is promising a tv/video capture distro optimized and compiled for
> an athlon system...
> [...]

I haven't compiled an entire distribution, however, I did collect a
bunch of video utilities and publish them on CD-R.  The ``Flyn Computing
Video Suite'' includes several tools for manipulating video and provides
packages in the RPM format.

Included on the disk are:

o The Broadcast 2000 video editor
o mjpegtools
o qtconv
o qtsg
o vcdimager
o xawtv
o xmovie

I don't really think another distribution is in order.  Please send
patches to other major distributions instead.

If enough people are interested in FCVS, I'll improve, update, and
distribute it.

--
Mike

:wq