Re: PVR hardware selection help

Quoting Brian J. Murrell <v4l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I think the Nvidia chips do all of the above but I am leary of getting
> into a situation where you are dependent on a hardware vendor
> continuing to produce drivers.  If they should one day decide that
> Linux is no longer worth the effort, the hardware will be junk.

Even if the OEM drops Linux support today, the existing drivers will be OK
for a year or two (until you are somehow -forced- to upgrade -this- box),
and by then the hardware will be nothing but obsolete junk anyway...

I still have a VESA video card (made in 1995 IIRC), 800x600x256, does
anyone want it? ;-)

Dmitri

--
"Linus Torvalds suffers from a rare condition, the need to develop
free world-class operating systems in his spare time.  Before he