An interesting scenerio

Ok, one day I decided, I've got an extra Matrox Millenium somewhere, mabey I
can have a second head for X. After tinkering with the X config file, I now had
a wonderful new dual headed display. My primary at 1280x1024 and the secondary
at 640x480. Not Xinerama. The Matrox is only connected to an external Focus
L-TV, a nice VGA to TV converter. Can you guess what I did next? That's right,
I ran DISPLAY=:0.1 xawtv -f and my old Sears Solid State TV never had a picture
so brilliant and crystal clear. Much better then my POS vcr can tune.

And now the problem. Ever since that day, I can nolonger use any tv application
on my primary display. All I get is a black screen. Even if I turn off
multihead, and only run X with one display. I even tried DISPLAY=:0.0 xawtv

Is there a setting somewhere, in some config file.. Something I need to
change? I tried changing things like overlay, grabdisplay, etc, etc..
Always this damn black box. But it still works perfectly on the second head.

Sometimes I would like xawtv on my primary display but I can't anymore. I
would ask for somebody to confirm this, but I'm afraid you might end up
with the same disease.
Please Help..

  -Erik