Re: /dev/video0 busy

Alan Rojer (rojer@xxxxxxxx):

> Also I would welcome suggestions on capture applications.  I've had
> little luck with xawtv capture (although it plays pretty well).  I am
> particularly interested in capture of uncompressed video and audio at
> full or half resolution (yes, I've got lots of fast disk available).

  Uncompressed video, even at half resolution, is still very large, and
your disk will likely not be able to keep up.

  I wrote a simple video codec that is lossless and has about 50-60%
compression on average for uncompressed video frames.  The source code
is up at http://www.dumbterm.net/graphics/compression/

  I have put it in my v4l recorder app, but I haven't been working on it
lately and it's not complete.  If you want to help with it or look at
the code (it does do 3:2 pulldown inversion ok), it's a big mess at
http://www.sf.net/projects/reetpvr/

--
Billy Biggs
vektor@xxxxxxxxxxxx