Re: Re: loading modules

Thanks Dmitri. If this is ok, then I am wondering what is the cause of
"/dev/video0 cannot be opened" while running vl4-conf or testquickcam. The
message from /var/log/messages is "modprobe: Can't locate module
char-major-81-0".

The video0 has a logical link to /dev/video0 and are permitted to be accessed
by users. The quickcam has been registered after running quickcam.sh. I added
"alias char-major-81 videodev" and "alias char-major-81-0 quickcam" into the
/etc/modules.conf, but it is still not working.

System: RH 7.1
Hardware: Logitech quickcam express webcam (USB)
Driver: qce 0.40b

I could not figure out what I am missing, please help.

Thank you.