Re: GrandTec e-Guard

Around Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:24:40 -0800 (PST), I thought I heard aaAzhyd say:

>Been having trouble getting all 4 video devices of
>this card to work under Linux, specifically camserv.
>Anyone here gotten it to work, with or without
>camserv? Or is there an aternative to camserv that
>would allow for all 4 video devices to run? Even if 4
>seperate daemons have to run?

	Have a couple in use.  It's been my experience that you can only
capture from one input at a time, as it's only 1 chip. Instead of having a
tuner, S-Video, etc.. It has a connection for a composite input.  I run a cron
job using webcam capturing a single frame, then it runs again grabbing a
different input. I just created 4 configuration files, and call them back to
back with a script.  I thought someone spoke up about a way to get streaming
out of one, but .. Well, it could of been a dream ;)

--
Homer