Re: xawtv doesn't use v4l2 interface all the time

Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>  I seem to be having a problem in which xawtv 3.64 does not seem to
>  find the v4l2 API all the time.  Sometimes when I start xawtv and
>  right-click on the mouse to bring up the menu, it does not have all
>  the fancy vl42 doo-hickeys in the lower half of the menu.

It tries using Xvideo first, then v4l2, then v4l.  "xawtv -hwscan"
prints a list of available devices.

>  If I start zapping right after it does have all of the fancy v4l2
>  doo-hickeys.

Hmm, no idea why starting zapping once makes a difference there ...

>  v4l2 seems to include a notion of volume.  Any way to set a reasonable
>  default for it rather than having to start xawtv (hoping it sees the
>  v4l2 api) and setting it manually?  v4lctl does not seem to be able to
>  adjust it either.

v4lctl should work (assuming the hardware can handle volume control,
this isn't true for every TV card).

  Gerd

--
Gerd Knorr <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
#define	ENOCLUE 125 /* userland programmer induced race condition */