Re: Re: NVrec ussage?

Stan Brown wrote:

On Sun Dec  2 20:14:55 2001 Brian J. Murrell wrote...

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 09:24:32AM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:

What I want to do is record from the WinTV card to files to be played back
later. I am interested in decet, not superb quality, I have failry limited
compute resources (Athalon 750MHZ, IDE drive), I want to be able to deal
with fast mtin. Size of stored files is a lower priority, as I have, or can
add disk space (IDEE disks are cheap these days). I am aiming twoard a PVR,
so I would like to record in a file format, that I will be able to
seek in, and read from, even as it is writen.

OK.  Your list of available "recorders" is getting short very fast.

Well, it's a wish list.

Could you sugest a
starting ste of paramters to pass to this, to begin tweaking from?

OK, how about a recomendation after we eliminate that requirment?

A sample command line to start from would be _greatly_ appreciated!

DIVX4rec -dq 3 -o test.avi

and

mplayer test.avi

On a 750MHz Athlon, you could probably increase the 3 to a 4 or maybe a 5 - just watch the frame drop count, and see how high you can make it before you start dropping frames in high motion scenes.

-justin