Re: NVrec ussage?

On Sun Dec  2 07:14:55 2001 Justin Schoeman wrote...

>Stan Brown wrote:
>
>> I am going to try to build this this weekend. I'm building on a Debian
>> potato + Progeny updates + 2.4 kernel machine, if that maters.
>>
>OK - it looks like there is a new librte release.  NVrec currently only
>works with librte-0.3.1 - I will upgrade to the new librte release in
>the course of the week.

OK, I got it to compile using the 0.3.1 version of librte.

Now there is the little matter of actually using it :-)

What I want to do is record from the WinTV card to files to be played back
later. I am interested in decet, not superb quality, I have failry limited
compute resources (Athalon 750MHZ, IDE drive), I want to be able to deal
with fast mtin. Size of stored files is a lower priority, as I have, or can
add disk space (IDEE disks are cheap these days). I am aiming twoard a PVR,
so I would like to record in a file format, that I will be able to
seek in, and read from, even as it is writen.

Given the above requirments, which of the several available recorders
supported by the NVrec project should I be using? Could you sugest a
starting ste of paramters to pass to this, to begin tweaking from?

And thaks for all the good work on this projetc, _and_ the help you have
given me.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@xxxxxxxx                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.