Re: jerky/choppy video recording

i tried avifile (avicap or something).  it crashed recursively and locked my system up totally at different intervals.

to get the video display off the display after the app would crash, required that i rebooted. even just a xfree restart would still display the video feed again! (btw, kill didn't work on it...lol)

also, avifile gave errors on startup of the avifile capture program stating that it couldn't and if i tried, it would crash my system.

lovely, but looks promising...ll.