Re: Is this the list to discuss the vcr project?

On Tue Nov 27 01:39:02 2001 Justin Schoeman wrote...

>Stan Brown wrote:
>
>> On Mon Nov 26 07:13:18 2001 Justin Schoeman wrote...
>>

>>>Don't know - it looks like you do not have the codec installed, or the
>>>directory is incorrect? (The fast motion codec worked fine for me, but
>>>under different software.)
>>>

>> OK, I'm not weded to _anything_ at teh moment, just exprimenting. Pleas
>> clue me in on what other software you are using.
>

>I use NVrec (http://www.ee.up.ac.za/~justin/v4l2) - well, obviously I
>use it, that's why I wrote it ;-).  My next favouite is mp1e, although I
>was never able to get good A/V synch from it.

I decided to try to build NVrec, and try it out. However I ahve a couple of
questions.

First looking at the dependencies for it on your web page I can only find
binaries for div4linux. I'm used to building from source, bit I can live
with this. Do you now if the compiled .so's there will work?

Second let's talk about librtf. it seems to depend upon something called
zapping. I grabed version 0.6.2 of it. It requires libuincode, which i
downloaded and compiled. However now I'm back to trying  to configure
zappig, and it's saying it needs gdkpixbuf. Any idea where to get that?

The system I am building on is a Debina potato + Progeny updates + 2.4
kernel, if it matters.

Thanks for any help on this.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@xxxxxxxx                                    843-745-3154