Re: Sugestions on how to use mp1e for vcr like recording?

Hello Brian,

> > (Oh, BTW how do I prevent the speakers
> > from sudenly playing the audio as the recording is done?).
>
> Mine do that too.  Annoying.  That is because mp1e, when it dicks with
> the mixer to make sure it is recording from the TV card turns on the
> audio (adjusts volume and mute) on the mixer device it is recording
> from.

You can simply "mute" the line-in-channel -- muting in this case only
means
that the sound isn't sent to your speakers anymore, but it still gets
processed by your soundcard, so "mp1e" keeps on recording the
sound...

I don't know how to do this automatically though. If I'm going
to do some time-shift tv-viewing, I do the following:

- start "mp1e" with a some low-res quality settings (e.g.
  a 768x288 resolution (to avoid interlace issues)
- "mute" the line-in and let the recording
  run ahead for a couple of minutes
- start "mplayer" and enjoy the film

Of course you need a powerful cpu to do this.

> Brian J. Murrell

CU
Michael.