modprobe bttv

Hi,

I managed to compile my kernel without any errors and reboot with the new
image. It fails for some options while booting which I think won't harm
compiling videodevX. For example it says it can't locate usb_uhci or
cannot get ip address. I now understand that these can be corrected by
make xconfig. But there are no unresolved symbol errors while booting the
image or any other errors besides some failures. Then I did make and make
install in videodevX directory. It didn't give errors either. But after I
did "modrpobe bttv", it said it can't locate module bttv. I enabled
"loadable module support" so what could be the reason that it can't locate
bttv?

And another  question if you don't mind: Now I boot my system with the new
image but if I want to do "make xconfig" again, shall I do it with the new
kernel image or shall boot the system with the old image which was before
kernel compilation and then do "make xconfig" in it?

Thanks and best regards,

Sule Yildirim
Ph.D student and research assistant
Ege University