Re: Sugestions on how to use mp1e for vcr like recording?

Stan Brown wrote:

I'm still endevoring to get decent quality recording from my TV card. I
started with vcr, but someone sugested that I look at mp1e (other
sugestions welcome BTW).

I've compiled and run m1pe, but I have a couple of questions.

1. How can I use it for vcr like recording? I see that I can start it from
cron, but how do I tell it to stop? (Oh, BTW how do I prevent the speakers
from sudenly playing the audio as the recording is done?).

There is a small app, "timer" in the NVrec package (tools directory). I initially wrote it for use with mp1e. Simply give it a start and end time (in relative or absolute notation), and the command to run, and let it go... (It will start the command at the start time, and send it a SIGINT at the end time.)

There are command line options for controlling the mixer, just try "mp1e --help".

2. Is there a reasonable way to tune all the switches for the best quality
my machine will support? I need to be able to handle fast motion, and high
resolution is alos desirable. At the moment, I am prottyping on an Athalon
759MHZ machine, btu a faster machine is coming.

Experiment...

-justin