Re: And the fun goes on:

That sounds like a good thing.  If TIVO was open, I'd just buy
one, but to pay somebody to intentionally prevent me from
accessing the data that I am collecting with their product
strikes me as absurd, though I guess with the Digital Nazi
Copyright Act, they have to.

Sure do wish I had their source!

On Sat, Nov 24, 2001 at 12:19:51AM -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Looks like you need to get avifile.  It's on SourceForge.  I grab it
> from CVS rather than using snapshots.

Got a couple of copies, but everything seems to want it's own
version, I'll play with it.  Thanks.  It might just not be
including the headers, I had to add some #include <stdio.h> and
#include <stdlib.h>'s to get this far.  Seems like an odd way to
release, perhaps I have an unusual setup?  It's a pretty stock
Slackware, but I guess anybody not running RedHat is weird.  <G>

> 1. Maybe LinuxPVR is more appropriate as most of this stuff is tied to
>    Linux in terms of being tied to V4L[2] -- maybe if there is enough
>    interest some non-linux porting will happen and then OpenPVR would
>    be more appropriate again

It would be nice to see it portable, I'd probably call it
OpenPVR, just for the hope it brings.  <G>