Re: Black line on one of two fields

> > Strictly speaking, you get a "1/2 pixel" flickering, not 1 pixel.
> I don't understand the 1/2 pixel notation, what I see is about 70 pizels
> that are quite black (with some noise)

When watching consecutive fields, images seem to be down-displaced for
odd fields. This displacement is not one-pixel sized, but what I call
"1/2" pixel, since the digitalised samples correspond to those "just in
between upper and lower lines from the even field". See:

EVEN        ODD         EVEN        ODD          ...

xxxxxx                  xxxxxx              } This is what I call
            bbbxxx                  bbbxxx  } 1/2 pixel displacement
xxxxxx                  xxxxxx
            xxxxxx                  xxxxxx  } This is what I call
xxxxxx                  xxxxxx              } 1 pixel
            xxxxxx                  xxxxxx  } displacement
xxxbbb                  xxxbbb
            xxxxxx                  xxxxxx

> we added a LM1881
> > (a sync detector) chip in our board design and wired its ODD/#EVEN
> > output directly to one of the GPIO pins. This HW info IS reliable.
>
> what is LM1881 and how does IT know what is even and what is odd?

Google search: LM1881 ;-)

http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM1881.html

> > What we do is take any parity and if frames are odd, mark them at
> > interrupt time and interpolate (linear algorithm, just the mean of both
> > upper and lower pixels) them so that they "ressemble" even ones.
> >
> great  tip, but it heavily depends on distinguishing even/odd frames, so the
> previos question...

Yes. it does. However, info from LM1881 has turned out to be fully
reliable for us.

Bye,

	Miguel