Re: [ot] web cams.

> for that matter, my bttv card has besides stanard S-VIDEO input, it also
> got "CVBS" "Philips Camera Input" which is to connect "composite video
> Philips analog camera.
>
> does anyone know more about those? i dont' recally need any full blown
> recorder with ability to record in maginetic tape (what after all an
> 'handycam' is -- ignore my question in last email).
>
> so would those cameras utilitizing CVBS offer better quality than those
> over USB while being at similar price?

how about this cam:

	http://www.groupm7.net/csispeco/product.asp?P=284

local store sells them for $66 each (plus $5 for power supply).

does anyone uses them with bttv, and wheteher are they worth the money?

I was kind of hoping to go with color camera, but it seems unlikely I
could get decent one for under $100

BTW: does anyone pinout for CVBS? I was hoping to be able to connect two
of them to my bttv card and one to RCA, and other to CVBS.

--
Adam
http://www.eax.com	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers