Re: VoodooTV 200 Sound problem

Ivan,

I tried the fine tuning, usually around +5 with XawTv the crackle almost
disappears.  However, with every increasing +1 the video quality
degrades.  At +5 the sound is good, but the video starts to get a little
grainy.

On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 15:13, Ivan T Tarnavsky wrote:
> the problem seems to be that the tuner is not tuned to the proper
> frequency. if you slightly increase the frequency on every channel the
> sound improves. i.e. no cracks. i'm using DScaler where i've added the
> voodootv support. we could probably extend xawtv to allow for fine tuning
> of the frequency if this feature is not already implemented of course :-)
> do you get stereo sound?
>
> --On Monday, November 12, 2001 3:04 PM -0500 Michael Petnuch
> <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I was finally able to get this card working when I downloaded the
> > lastest version, however, the sound is blurry and has a lot of crackle
> > in it.  The picture is very clear but the sound problem is very
> > anonying.  Since the Voodoo cards support is relativly new I would
> > imagine there are probably problems, and was curious if viewing NTSC
> > images their were sound problems.  Thanks.
>

> cheers,
> ivan.

     ( o o )                                ( o o )
                    Michael Petnuch
           http://www.technologyreview.org
  .oooO     			            oooO
  (   )   Oooo. 			   (   )   Oooo