Re: Re: btaudio delay with ATI TV-Wonder

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Justin Schoeman wrote:

> Could I ask you to give NVrec a try, using the FFMPEGrec front-end.  I
> haven't had much feedback yet on audio synch for this frontend...

I have the 20011101 version; I'm using it into bttv 0.8.28's v4l2
interface with btaudio.  Some minor changes were needed on both sides to
get them to play - so I suppose that this is a combination others haven't
tried.  (I will send the patches, but read on)

I haven't done thorough tests - and will try to this weekend.  But my
first impression is that sync isn't as "sorted" as I expected.  And
certainly more problems with btaudio.  One thing I notice is that the
"Warp" sits at 0 when capturing from the SBLive, and cycle 37 -1 -17 -23
with the btaudio.  Perhaps this is a problem with my GETISPACE patch for
btaudio, perhaps its normal and to do with how btaudio packetizes.

But I'd prefer to investigate properly.

A question - how can I be sure that sync issues are at capture and not an
mplayer playback problem...?

The other thing I don't understand about ffmpeg is: why does sync go way
out when I use ffmpeg to process existing mpeg1 files that I captured with
mp1e?  Is this about some incompatibility with PTS info?  Perhaps ffmpeg
ignores that?

Steve