Re: [patch] Remote Vision MX supported

Hi Gleicon,

Gleicon S. Moraes wrote:
> Congratulations, you did it in a very short time.
> Just a question, regarding the muxsel_hook:
> For future implementations and/or new cards add, does it breaks binary
> compatibility ?
> should we use the same function, just with the proper mux change code
> for
> another board w/ this kind of device ? I think its ok, dont see a
> problem there...

I don't think there will be any compatibility problem. The current mux_sel routine should already work for most future devices using an external mux connected to GPIO. One will just have to change gpiomask2 and muxsel values.

My card work almost like that, except it didn't use a multiplex but a crosspoint switch instead. The GPIO lines are used just like with mux and then we have to reset and pulse a strobe for programing the IC. If another card uses this kind of IC i think it will be better to have a different function for muxsel_hook. RESET, DATA and STROBE may be wired to whatever pins the designer wants...

Regards,

Miguel Freitas

BTW: do i need to send the patch to Gerd Knorr and Alan Cox? May i assume they already got it from the list? :)