Multiple capture cards

Hi all-
  Im just getting used to linux video, and have 2
issues, I hope someone could help me with them:
  Im trying to capture video from 3 sources at the
same time to mpg.   I installed 3 ati tv wonder cards,
and setup v4l and bttv fine.  I can record video fine
from /dev/video0, video1 , etc using mp1e. But what I
cant figure out is how to handle the audio portion of
this.    The ATI cards all need to loop back to the
aux in on the sound card.  Do I need to install an
additional sound card for every capture card?   Has
anyone setup a situation like this?
  On a second problem, does anyone have any ideas on
how to lower the amount of time lost between stoping
recording 1 mpg, and starting the next.  It seems to
be almost 1 second on my machine.  If the driver
supported multiple opens, this would be ok, but it
doesnt seem to do that.

Thanks in advance,
Joe