Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Galaxis DVB card installation problems

Thanks Rolf,

I found out the reason why I the installation of the DEV driver was not working. I made an extra entry in the grub.conf (for the new bootloader) to start my original RH7.2 boot image. I copied the vmlinuz<version> to vmlinuz.old and all other related files like initrd<version>.img etc. I assumed that recompiling and 'make install' would replace the original boot image files. I never checked it and could not understand why my efforts had no effect at al, until I found out that the new boot image files suddenly had the word 'custom' added to their names.... So all the time I had been switching back an forth between two copies of the same kernel. I have not been compiling kernels for a few months (I hardly ever have the time to digg into linux) but somtimes things change.

However I have some problems left with my DVB card and maybe someone could shed some light, or give me some hints where to look for a solution.
The status so far:
I compiled the DVB/driver and did make insmod. For some reason the 'videodev' module could not be found, but to my surprize XawTV could be started. I have N-TV as the only station. I cannot change the channels. I see the numbers change in the window bar of XawTV when I attempt to switch channels but the in=mage remains firmly on N-TV. Sound is only heard via a loop cable from my DVB card 'audio out' to my Sound card (Soundblaster live) line input. This is of course not reacting to mute or volume changes. Again the window bar shows 'Mute' or 'Volume 0%' when I press volume down or switch mute. It is impossible to increase the volume. Making of a channel list has no effect on things.

I hope someone can help
Thanks in advance
Ton van Baalen

Rolf Siebrecht wrote: