Re: capture Miro DC10+ uncompressed images

Speedy Juggler wrote:

> I've got a Miro DC10+ PCI card installed in my Linux machine. I've got the
> zoran drivers from http://www.cicese.mx/~mirsev/Linux/DC10plus/ perfectly up
> and running. I'm able to capture and watch video with XawTV. My intension is
> to interface with the V4L zoran driver to capture uncompressed video (RGB24).
> I need this because I've got to do some real-time image filtering before I'll
> compress it to MJPEG. The problem is that the driver only gives me JPEG
> images,

The driver can also capture uncompressed video. At least, xawtv does this.
However, to capture large images you need to allocate memory at boot time.
Please, read file README which comes with the driver for more information.

> this would be a lot of overhead 'cause i'd have to decompress them
> first. It would also costs me quality. Is there anybody who knows how to
> capture raw uncompressed RGB24 images from my Miro DC10+ card with V4L?

Check xawtv code, please.

--
Serguei Miridonov