Re: Unsupported card (remotevision mx)

Hi,

On Monday 29 October 2001 20:08, you wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I just got a pci card from a security system of up to 16 cameras
> package. Unfortunately this card is not supported on bttv driver and i
> couldn't find any reference on it's specs or linux efforts for it. It
> seems that it's a kind of rare, because nobody knows it.
>
> The card is called rv606, or RemoteVision MX, from a company called
> privid eye. The home page is http://www.privid-eye.com/mx.html
>
> It uses a bt848 (rev 12) and has some other auxiliary ICs. Doesn't
> support sound, but multiplex 16 inputs.

[snip]

If you can write down the numbers on the other auxiliary ICs and hunt them
down on the Internet, you could get quite far. It is my guess one of them
is a 16-to-1 demultiplexer (or some cascaded design), and chances are the 4
pins that select the input are connected to the GPIO port of the bt848,
like most TV cards. In that case you can extend the current bttv_card
structure with the mask bits, and off you go...

NB: not related to this thread: if you must switch between that many
cameras there is probably a sync-out signal as well, so that all cameras
can be synced and switching latencies are minimal. Might be worth finding
the signal.

> Could anybody provide me some starting points? What should i look for to
> make it work? As it uses a bt484 how much can it differ from the other
> already supported cards?

Not much; look at the current bttv driver; the only difference is between
the number of inputs and the values necessary for the input demultiplexer.

 - Nemosoft