From: "Miguel Freitas" <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <video4linux-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 5:08 PM
Subject:  Unsupported card (remotevision mx)

Hi folks,

I just got a pci card from a security system of up to 16 cameras
package. Unfortunately this card is not supported on bttv driver and i
couldn't find any reference on it's specs or linux efforts for it. It
seems that it's a kind of rare, because nobody knows it.

The card is called rv606, or RemoteVision MX, from a company called
privid eye. The home page is http://www.privid-eye.com/mx.html

It uses a bt848 (rev 12) and has some other auxiliary ICs. Doesn't
support sound, but multiplex 16 inputs.

I'm wiling to spend some time trying to make this card work (i got no
image using the programs like gspy) and provide support for it on bttv
driver. I'm C programmer with some experience on kernel hacking.

Could anybody provide me some starting points? What should i look for to
make it work? As it uses a bt484 how much can it differ from the other
already supported cards? as i said, sound is not a issue.

Thanks,

Miguel Freitas
Center for Telecomunications Studies
Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil