Re: bttv not tuning two channels correctly

"Brian J. Murrell" wrote:

> I have an ATI TV-Wonder and am using the bttv 0.7.72 driver an the
> latest xawtv.  It is working fabulously with one exception: xawtv does
> not seem to tune channel 4 at all, or channel 5 and 22 correctly.
>
> Channel 4 is just snow whereas my cable converter tunes in a station
> and channel 5 tunes into what my cable converter says is channel 22
> and when I tune xawtv to channel 22, I get the cable company's
> "id/advertising" channel.
>
> It is worth noting that when I tune my cable converter to channel 5
> there is a short blip of snow/bad tuning before the channel that
> normally sits there tunes in.

Besides from a configuration problem there could be other sources
for this behaviour.

Which tuner model does your card have?
What says "dmesg|grep bttv"?
Which "frequency table" do you use in xawtv/ in which country do you live?
Btw. try bttv-0.7.83 and specify xawtv-latest.