Re: [RFC] alternative kernel multimedia API

Just a question.. Why replace the current API with a new one?
Wouldn't it be better to continue to build upon what already exist and improve it bit by bit?

I'm no expert on v4l, I have just begun looking at it because I would really like to have my QuickCam Pro working.
But I find it hard to believe it is so bad that there is no chance of improvement.

Starting to write on another API would probably lead to the same situation as we have today with the VM's in 2.4.

Just a thought..
--
  andreas palsson <pucko@xxxxxxxxxx>

... "In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary." - Kathleen Norris