some buffer/capture questions

Hello,

for the mjpegtools, I've been trying to integrate some simple BTTV-capture
functionality in our capture application. It works acceptably well, but I'm
having two problems an two additional questions.

The first is that the BTTV driver or system calls seem to react on SIGINT,
since we use Ctrl-C to stop capturing. This works okay for the MJPEG/zoran
devices but for the BTTV devices (in my case, a Hauppage winTV), it gives
an error "interrupted system call". Is this correct (that the driver is
catching SIGINT signals) and can I stop it?

Secondly, my winTV only gives me two YUV buffers after the VIDIOCGMBUF. Is
there a way to increase this number?

Ohwell, also a question. I van only open() my device once - I'd like to
open it twice to actually see what I'm recording and to record video at the
same time. Are there BTTV-devices that can be opened more than once or is
this a V4L limitation?

At last a question for gstreamer. They use a v4lsrc which can do both
read() and mmap() captures. Can all v4l- (or bttv-)devices do both read()
and mmap()?

Thanks for any hints or help,

Ronald

--