Re: v4l and v4l-2

Torgeir Veimo (torgeir@xxxxxxxxxx):

> >   Reversing this process involves identifying field repeat patterns
> > and editing the frames I output to represent the original 24fps
> > stream.  My algorithm is two-pass, and I handle phase transitions
> > better than anything else I can find.  Yay!
>
> Better than descaler as well? If so, they would be interested in your
> algorithm.

  Unfortunately, my algorithm is two-pass, so it is non-realtime.  As
such they wouldn't be interested, but VirtualDub would (I emailed that
guy but he hasn't got back to me, plus, I just 'finished' my alg a few
days ago).

  I have a realtime algorithm I use in my DVD player (movietime,
www.sf.net/projects/movietime), but I haven't compared results with
dscaler's.

--
Billy Biggs