some questions

 Hi all :)

 I am from GATOS project (http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos ). We now have a
small v4l capture module that works with Radeon All-in-Wonders.

 It's a first cut so, naturally, I have some questions:

  * in the card the alternating TV fields (odd and even) are captured
    in two separate buffers. Right now the module presents them as
    consequetive frames (so that NTSC stream 640x480@30hz interlaced
    becomes 640x240@60hz), which is wrong. How do I tell through v4l
    interface that every other frame is odd one ?

  * what are the features most desired in a v4l driver ?

  * if someone can give some links to capture tools/encoders etc
    for compatibility testing this would be much appreciated

  * do we need to get a define in videodev.h ? how many ?
    (there are different All-in-Wonder cards: mach64, Rage128, Radeon
     and they come with different decoder chips).

  * is there an issue of latency versus number of buffers versus
    reserved space ? Any comments from people who care about such
    stuff ?

                        thanks

                            Vladimir Dergachev